Viewing Windows Shares in Nautilus

I'm looking for additional documentation on the smb:/// URL type for
browsing Windows shares. Basically, I need to know if there is a way to
configure Nautilus to see folders for shares with names that have
spaces, special characters or just have long names. For example, the
share name:

Chris' Stuff

is not visible in the Nautilus file viewer, whereas a share named:

Chris

is visible.

Moreover, if, in the Nautilus window, you use the URL:

smb://<server>/Chris'%20Stuff

You can browse the contents of the "Chris' Stuff" share, even though you
can not see the folder for the share itself.

Hope all of this makes sense. Ideas welcome!

Cheers,

Chris Williams

--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,