Re: Problems with new glibc

yes, RH9 seems to be fine;
i upgraded mine with the latest glibc, last night, and i had no issues ( so
far )
regards,
-ionut-

|         |           johnk@xxxxxxxxxxx|
|         |           m                |
|         |           psyche-list-admin|
|         |           @redhat.com      |
|         |           11/18/2003 10:53 |
|         |           psyche-list      |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                   |
  |       To:       psyche-list@xxxxxxxxxx, psyche-list@xxxxxxxxxx                                                    |
  |       cc:                                                                                                         |
  |       Subject:  Re: Problems with new glibc                                                                       |

At 08:49 AM 11/18/2003 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
>On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 02:36, John Ketchum wrote:
> > I went away for a week, and while I was away, apt-get upgraded glibc
> > packages to 2.3.2-4.80.8 on my RH8 machine.  X is now broken-- not
> > completely but apps either don't work, or don't behave correctly.  I'm
> > using a custom compiled kernel, but I tried booting into a RH kernel
> > (2.4.18-14), which didn't solve the problem.  Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
>There should be an even newer glibc out by now that fixes this problem.

I'm having this problem with the latest release.  I just checked and there
is not a more recent one available.
I fixed the problem (for the moment) by down-grading to the previous
version of glibc.  Also submitted a bug report, since I found a number of
things that seemed to be related, but nothing that matched, and some notes
that seemed to imply that the problem had been fixed (perhaps just in RH9),

which it has clearly not been, in RH8, anyway.

>In the meantime, this issue is all over redhat mailing lists and errata
>web pages, so do some searches for work araounds.  The options are (from
>memory) set ASSUME_LD_KERNEL or something (can't remember); use an
>official RH kernel; upgrade glibc (again!).
>
>HTH,
>--
>Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>This will be a memorable month -- no matter how hard you try to forget it.
>

>--

John Ketchum
Qualcomm Inc.
9 Damonmill Square Suite 2A
Concord, MA 01742

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.