Re: Display and hard lock problems

Tom Diehl wrote:

Since upgrading to the 2.4.20-18.8 kernel I am experiencing a lock up of the
display and keyboard when the screen saver comes on (only the one that describes
how to compile a kernel but looks like the intro to a star wars movie) It has
happened every time that screen saver comes on and only with that particular
screen saver. The machine is still alive I can ssh to it. There is nothing
in the logs. The display and keyboard do not come back until the computer does a
reset in order to start the boot process.

Has anyone seen this behavior?

I have seen this as well. What I could do was ssh into the box, run top, and kill the screensaver. The workaround for me was to turn off random pick of the screensaver, and set it to one that I knew would work (I'm using the lavalite).