Re: Rsync

Joe D. Trent wrote:
> Hi,
> into services and enabled rsync, but after restart I don't see rsyncd
> listed from a 'ps auwx'. I've tried enabling some things I thought

rsync is a service under the supreme control of xinetd (the new internet
super server).  rsyncd is not a standalone daemon like sendmail is so you
won't see a process run until some client actually connects and asks for it
to run.  Slick huh?

> Also don't have a /etc/rsyncd.conf file.

You'll need one. man rsyncd.conf.  You'll also be interested in running
rsync through ssh so only port 22/tcp need to be open on your firewalls.
-eric wood