Re: Winbind and NT authentication problem

Tony Lawrence wrote:
I've installed winbind with Samba 2.2.7 on a RedHat 8 system and I'm trying
to authenticate across an NT domain.  Everything seems to work if I log on
to the Linux system, i.e. username and password authenticate, home folder
gets created and everything seems to work.  However, if I go from an NT
system through Network Neighborhood to the RedHat system, I see the shares
and the home directory, but when I try to access the home directory, I get
prompted for a username and password.

We'd assume that you've configured Samba for DOMAIN security, and made your PDC the password server?