Re: Parted: Resizing an ext3 / partition

At 11:29 AM 4/11/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Yes there was, sorry I didn't articulate that a little better:
With parted, is it possible to resize the root partition and create another from
the free space created?

Yes, it's quite possible. I don't remember well what you have to do, since of course you should unmount a partition before using it and you have to mount the root partition to use parted. However, I think that creating a boot disk (see 'man mkbootdisk'), putting parted on your boot floppy, then booting into single-user mode from your floppy will allow you to not mount the root partition and modify it nicely.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx