Re: Re: ATI Radeon PCI 9200SE no DRI

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Fred Welland wrote:

>can I just grab the source(s) compile and update radeon_drv.o
>(and ati_drv.o) in my exiting XFree install (from RH9)?

No, because compiling a driver links to other things that get
built during a full XFree86 build.  You need to have a previously
compiled XFree86 source code tree intact in order to compile a
driver alone.

>Or is do I gotta do a total rebuild of X from a xfree snap shot?

Yes, see above.

>Also, I thought dri was 'part' of xFree 4.x.  So would xFree 4.x
>drivers be different than DRI ones?

The DRI project is it's own project outside of XFree86, located
in two locations:

CVS repository:  See http://www.freedesktop.org for CVS details.
Website and other bits:  http://dri.sf.net

Those two sites are the official DRI project sites where all DRI
related development occurs.  The DRI sources are merged into
XFree86's source code tree 2-3 times a year.  So, there are
multiple places where DRI source code exists, however the DRI
project's sources are the "official" and current source at all
times.

--
Mike A. Harris