Issue with 2.4.21 kernel

All,

I'm new at this so I ask for your patience.  I recently compiled and installed the latest 2.4.21 kernel (RedHat tailored 1024 I believe) on RedHat 9 to fix a sound issue.  The sound issue is now fixed but now X will not start.  I receive the error in the attached zip file.  If anyone could tell me what happened or how to fix this I would appreciate it.  I was running the Vesa video driver.  The card is a 7012 that worked previously using the sis driver.  If you need any other information, please let me know.

Also, where can I find documentation on how the kernel, X and window managers work together?

Doug Hicken
Test Engineer
KeyLabs
(801) 226-8200
dhicken@xxxxxxxxxxx

[Home]     [Red Hat General]     [Red Hat Watch List]     [Red Hat Development]     [Kernel List]     [Hot Springs]     [Yosemite News]