Re: ftp.redhat.com is always busy!

Res <res@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :

> On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Jef Spaleta wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 04:45, Res wrote:
> > > In an attempt to get more ppl to sign up to RHN, RedHat recently
> > > reduced the number of anonymous general login slots on the public
> > > server.
> >

> > You know this how? I'm not saying yer wrong...but I'd like to know the
> > official source of that information.
>

> I cant reveal my source, but you should know it has creditability by the
> fact that RH sent out that email (well if ur subed to get em) about what
> good idea it is to join RHN, and get early releases ahead of ftp and
> shops, and get max bandwith and logins for downloads.... was around that
> same time the ftp servers started to give maxcon msgs, so I dare say my
> source was spot on.

Having more bandwidth available for the RHN subscribers in preparation and
during the release of a new Red Hat Linux product seems a sensible thing to
do. Especially since currently, there is nothing on ftp.redhat.com that
can't be found on one of the many mirror server...

Matthias

Red Hat Linux release 8.0.9x (Phoebe) running Linux kernel 2.4.20-2.54
Load : 0.45 0.24 0.19, AC on-line, battery charging: 100% (5:39)