Re: early review of RH 9 (Shrike)

On Sunday 30 March 2003 15:23, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> Sure.  But I think anyone is a fool if they don't honestly
> acknowledge what the major usage of MP3 is for.  People may deny
> it to prove their point, but then there is a reality behind all
> of that that proves otherwise.

MP3 is used in many more venues than just piracy of copyrighted works.  Many
internet radio streams are MP3 (shoutcast and icecast both support mp3
streaming).  RHL 9 can't play those streams.  Well, actually, it can't play
Real streams, either; or Windows Media streams either....

I often receive public service announcements for the radio station in MP3 form
via e-mail.  It's a drag to have to reboot to use Cool Edit Pro to unrip to
wav for the automation system (which has a couple hundred gig of wav's for
the air signal).
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio