Re: ftp.redhat.com is always busy!

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Jef Spaleta wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 04:45, Res wrote:
> > In an attempt to get more ppl to sign up to RHN, RedHat recently reduced
> > the number of anonymous general login slots on the public server.
>

> You know this how? I'm not saying yer wrong...but I'd like to know the
> official source of that information.

I cant reveal my source, but you should know it has creditability by the
fact that RH sent out that email (well if ur subed to get em) about what
good idea it is to join RHN, and get early releases ahead of ftp and
shops, and get max bandwith and logins for downloads.... was around that
same time the ftp servers started to give maxcon msgs, so I dare say my
source was spot on.

--
-Res