Re: 2.6 Kernel and IDE dierect for burners

I'm having problems with my ide cdrw, I can't access it in kernel 2.5.
I'm under the impression that I don't need ide-scsi anymore. So in grub
I have hdc=ide-cd but when I try to eject cdrom I get 'eject: unable to
open '/dev/hdc''. What am I doing wrong?

--Lou