Re: What do you want? What are you willing to pay? [was Re: Correct me if I'm wrong]

--- David Krider <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> William Hooper wrote:
>
> > Logging into a RHN account and going to the "buy"
> link brings up this chart:
> > Enterprise Service Entitlement $96/yr
> > Basic Service Entitlement $60/yr
> > Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS Developer Edition
> $60/yr
> > Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS Basic Edition $179/yr
> > Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES Basic Edition $349/yr
>
> Yeah, yeah. This has all been brought up before.
> Would someone bothering
> to post these numbers also then explain what in the
> world the $96/year
> option pertains to?

I mentioned in one of my previous posts that I think
the $96/year option is for an enterprise-level
entitlement for RH Linux -- that is, the consumer OS.

RH Linux 9:  you can choose between Basic ($60) and
Enterprise ($96)

RH Enterprise Linux:  you need to subscribe to the RH
Enterprise Linux entitlements that corresponds to
which version of RH Enterprise Linux you have, AS, WS,
or ES.

This is just a guess, though.

Charles