Re: RHL 9 - concerns

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 02:35, Brent Fox wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 15:07, Andreas-Johann Ulvestad wrote:
<snip>

Being a student myself i greatly appreciate the support Red Hat offers.
I plan on getting RHCE certified before i graduate and possibly CCNA I
have a education user account but also pay for RHN and generally buy the
pocketbook release here in Australia also  which is AU$30  or there
abouts.  Why do i do it?  because after trying a few distros  i feel Red
Hat put together a great package.  being a studenti cant afford to buy
any enterprise level stuff but i will most likely in the next semester
break download and rebuild all the srpms for either AS2.1 or ES  to put
on my server i run at home.  Why? because i can and i feel that it will
give me invaluable experience for when i graduate next June. *** hint
anyone seeking an employee (or a part time one now) ***

Will Red Hat support my AS or ES server?  no but i will.
Ill be a sysadmin in a few years and i will recommend RH.  Why?  it will
still be cheaper than WIN Server anything.  Which essentially the
enterprise versions will most likely be competing with.  not WIN XP,
WIN2k server with 5cal retails here for around AUD $1530 each additional
block of 5 cal's will set you back AUD $281 say a medium sized business
needing 20 clients to access at a time your looking at AUD $2373 A Red
Hat ES Server with 5 years total RHN at todays Exchance rate of 60 US
cents for 1 AUD would cost lesss than AUD $1000 and no cal's or threats
of software audits.

Dennis