Re: RHL 9 - concerns

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 17:04, Brent Fox wrote:

> It depends on the role of the machine.  If you're looking for a
> workstation kind of machine, you can get RHEL WS starting at $179.
> http://www.redhat.com/software/rhel/ws/

I hate being part of the flamefest but im going through withdraws from
being out of town and i need my fix...
And im not looking to buy this enterprise stuff so I'm not going to call
the phone # listed on the webpages to figure out specifics, and no one
else seems interested enough to call a phone #, so why should I bother.
If I were in the market to buy something with more than 1 day of
support, (cuz let's face it when rh 9 hits the streets, my system is
going to be in a supportables state for maybe 6 hours before I rip it a
part), I'd call the sells phone number and talk about what the real
support options are..but hey thats just me.

Anyways here the issue that confuses me. Say i drop $179 for a Red Hat
Enterprise Linux WS Basic Edition license..which comes with 90 days of
support (but no t-shirt, which baffles me no-end). After that 90 days,
can I sign up for RHN updates using a basic entitlement at $60 a year?
Or do i have to get the enterprise entitlement at $96 a year?

-jef"look kids, Big Ben, Parliment"spaleta