Re: Suse Model

William Hooper wrote:

Funny Mandrake has the same 12 month policy (18 months for what they
consider "base" packages, though), Gentoo has NO support (from what I can
see).  A number of commercial companies tried to base distros on Debian,
but not too many of them are still around...

Gentoo is its own beast, and it's still too early to tell if they're going to be around to continue to create their "ebuild" scripts. I don't care for how far behind Debian lags the rest of the linux world. You're right about Mandrake though, and that's why I've been looking into it: to find these sorts of things out. I'd appreciate any constructive criticisms of the competition.

dk