Re: RHL 9 - concerns

Gerald Henriksen wrote:
On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:58:39 -0800, you wrote:

Unix is not immune to this, and as vendors like Red Hat change things that encourage people to run systems without fixing the known security holes we could find them coming to Linux.

I agree that preventing hackers from finding inroutes to corrupt Red Hat distributions would be a very damaging policy. I was concerned about the lack within the beta. I feel that others will be repelled as well, if releases start to have this danger involved.

Jim

--
I've never been canoeing before, but I imagine there must be just a few
simple heuristics you have to remember...

Yes, don't fall out, and don't hit rocks.