Re: Centrino support?

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 16:07, Matt Wilson wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 11:05:00AM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 11:00:07AM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > > - wireless will *not* work
> >
> > Hopefully, we can get Intel to do something about this. Is there any way Red
> > Hat people can talk to inside-Intel people about it?
>
> Of course.  We work very closely with Intel to ensure that we're
> supporting new hardware as it comes out.  But we're going to put
> efforts in making sure that the fundamental stuff works first (IDE,
> video) before spending more resources on some of the extras (like
> wireless).

Wireless seems to be a pretty integral part of Centrino.  Certainly
anybody who is buying it (based on Intel's marketing) will be buying it
with the expectation of wireless working.  Not suggesting that it won't
be working as quickly as possible, just that calling wireless on
Centrino an "extra" is probably not entirely valid.
	Greg