Re: linksys wpc11v3

On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 06:05, Larry Grover wrote:
> I have one of these cards (wpc11 v3) which I use on a dell c800.  In my
> experience, the orinoco_cs driver is not reliable.  Instead, I use the
> linux-wlan driver, built from source on both phoebe and psyche, with
> excellent results.

Actually, the orinoco_cs driver is quiet reliable, as long as you don't
use it with a LinkSys card. I have a wpc11 v2.5 that is now sitting in
my parts bin because it tended to be extremely unreliable under both
windows xp and rh7.3 and 8.0 using both the default drivers and the
linux-wlan-ng drivers. I picked up a compaq hnw-100 (basically a
rebadged orinoco card) for $25 on clearance and it works almost
magically. My recommendation would be to dump the linksys card on ebay
and find an orinoco gold.

Cheers,
Josh

--