Re: hdparm settings

----- Original Message -----
From: Arjan van de Ven <arjanv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11 Mar 2003 14:35:09 +0100
To: phoebe-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: hdparm settings

> On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 14:25, james.oden@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> before phoebe we defaulted to DMA off for cd(rw) drives because a LOT of
> them gave problems. A defect in the kernels ide code has been found and
> fixed so now it seems to be mostly ok (with the exception of a blacklist
> where the kernel will default to dma off)

You mention a fix for ide code... Is that fix applied against 2.4.20-2.54?

I have a Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-500M 010. kernel 2.4.20-2.54
enables DMA by default for it. However, after reading some files
a few ATAPI errors appear, the ATAPI bus is reset and DMA is disabled.

More curiously is that enable IDE-SCSI support for the DVD-ROM
and DMA, doesn't cause such errors. Why do errors appear when
not using IDE-SCSI? Why they do not appear when using IDE-SCSI?

Strange, isn't it? Should I submit a bug report on this?
Thanks!

   Felipe
http://www.linuxmail.org/