Re: NVIDIA patches to run it on phoebe/rawhide kernels

I had a very elegant solution to this whole nVidia kernel driver issue.
I bought a Radeon 9000 Pro. :)

Admittedly, I think it is the first ATI card I've purchased since I
bought an 8MB Rage Pro in '97, juxtaposed to the 10 or so nVidia cards
I've bought since then, but hey... To me, it was worth the cost,
especially since I don't do any gaming on this machine (I do that on
another machine running XP). Rather than spend countless hours trying to
hack nVidia's drivers to work with each new kernel, I've got all that
spare time for other endeavors. Like compiling ALSA drivers (takes a
while, even on my dual Athlon MP 2000)...

Though for some, the extra expense of a new video card isn't the best
use of funds, and/or the hacking might be welcome. A bit of hacking is
fun, but I'd rather be working on something that's paying the bills...
To each his (or her) own.
--
Jarod Wilson, RHCE
<jcw@wilsonet.com>