Re: Sendmail update

To those saying that Red Hat should not prioritize an updated sendmail package;
should they release Red Hat 8.1 with a vulnerable sendmail that was beta tested,
or should they release it with a patched but untested sendmail?
So your seriously claiming that you think 'untested' or 'unpatched' packages could be included in rh8.1 ?!

If you would take a minute to take a look at the sendmail packages, we could discuss your arguments based on technical merits, but for now you seem to be blissfully clueless

The sendmail packages are shared over all support redhat versions, and only the 'erata' define is changed in the spec file to build for said redhat version.

So untested? How about every redhat 7.2, 7.3, 8.0 box out there? Enough testing for you??

God, it is so easy to bitch isn't it and waste our time, but to spend 5 minutes your self to educate before you shout out to everyone on this list, is to much to ask (not to mention that the same patch is being used by just about every other linux vendor)

*sigh*