Re: why no IO-APIC?

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 13:11, Florin Andrei wrote:
> What is the reason why IO-APIC is disabled in the RH kernels?

I actually had to disable it when I loaded phoebe onto
my system, otherwise the system would lock as soon as
it tried to read the list of packages off the cd.

So at boot with the install cd i had to type
linux noapic ... So I think it must be enabled
(at least when installing?) The system is a
Tyan Motherboard with dual PIII 1ghz.

(I could reactivate the apic after installing)

Ken