Re: Configure GRUB

as root #grub-install /dev/hdx  x is probably a to install
grub in the mbr of drive c:(dos terminology).
The file that you edit to change the boot options
is /boot/grub/grub.conf  not sure if
this sets up a Windows option automatically or not.

If you need to get rid of grub in mbr, boot a windows
rescue disk and run a:>fdisk /mbr which will return the
mbr back to its Windows state.

I have attached my grub.conf file.