Re: Sendmail update

Hi Mike:

I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

How can you get a good beta test unless people use the packages included in
the beta?  If, for instance, I don't put the beta on line to see how Sendmail
works in the product (and I haven't though I would like to) then you have
essentially not had a beta test.  If I put it on line and Sendmail has a huge
vulnerability as was discovered this week then I am liable for the
consequences.  RedHat has an OBLIGATION to provide such security updates to
beta products if you want beta testers to test betas.  Otherwise RH could be
as guilty as MS of providing fodder to bring the inet to its knees.

Opinions expressed are those of a small businessman.

Chuck Davis