Re: Still no icons

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 11:02, Jef Spaleta wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 01:29, Chris Chabot wrote:
> > Whooha horsey.. let me get this straight:
> >
> > - You updated your system using 'fedora' (not a redhat tool)
> > - You updated to rawhide (not redhat beta)
>
> Right now...most if not all the rawhide packages...are probably packages
> that provide bugfixes to packages in the phoebe3 isos. So its not really
> unheard of to be running rawhide packages to test bugfixes. Though it
> would be really easy to see if a certain rawhide package was a fix to a
> phoebe bug..since bugzilla has a resultion=RAWHIDE entry.  You just need
> to be aware of what you are pulling out of rawhide...so you can figure
> out whats going wrong and bugzilla it appropriately.

I think what Chris was trying to say, was that he thought fedora was
some 3rd party software, and used it to update to rawhide, which he
thought wasn't part of rawhide.

To clarify, I believe may be a 3rd party application, or a feature, and
it mirrors rawhide from Red Hat.  So in theory, he is using Red Hat's
rawhide.  So how he got rawhide's packages isn't relavent, as long as
the packages weren't changed and are the same as if he/she got them from
rawhide.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen!"