Re: is there a way to flash a BIOS without using Windows?

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 14:27, Elton Woo wrote:

> Understood. Anyhow, I *briefly* installed Windows98 and flashed my
> BIOSes: CDRW, and DVD drive. ... just long enough to have
> Windows lockup on me several times and REMIND me why I HATE
> Windows and *destest* the company that made it.

You really want to be crazy....

http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/development/devbios.html

I WOULD STRONGLY NOT RECOMMEND THIS....but its fun nonetheless

-jef"i'd tell you I got it to work...once...but that might be considered
as encouraging to play with it, which would be very bad of me..so i
won't tell you i got it to work"spaleta