Re: scsi device symlinks

Jef Spaleta wrote:
On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 14:13, Audioslave - 7M3 - Live wrote:

I've noticed a few different symlinked devices within the /dev diriectory using mc. One was for /dev/cdwriter. I am guessing this is a link that cdrecord might have created. Anyway, after rebooting my machine. I was able to mount a disc with /dev/cdrom1, which I manually changed to link to /dev/scd0 manually, with mc. I decided to leave /dev/cdrom2 alone within my fstab file. kudzu might make another symbolic link to /dev/cdrom3, if I tried to remove this fstab information. I'd say that this is a bug with either mount or kudzu.

After I reboot again (sounds a bit like M$ here) I will try to mount my /dev/cdwriter to see if this device works better than /dev/hdd or /dev/scd0 (dev/scd0 does allow for mounting the discs through the burner)

Yep I'm seeing this kind of behavior on one of my beta systems. these
/dev/sg* stuff seems odd to me...im use to cdroms showing up as
/dev/scd...kudzu seems mightly confused. I didnt think you were suppose
to be accessing /dev/hdd once it was scsi emulated.  Has someone bzill'd
this stuff yet?

-jef

I haven't bugged the problem yet. I wasn't sure what to bug it as, before the list postings.

Would leaving out the /dev/cdwriter symlink aid or distract the person who ends up fixing this bug.

I'll bug it or someone else can bug it. I hope it gets fixed though.

I will search for a bug relating to the cdburner problems. I'll add comments, if there is a bugzilla generated already.

Jim

--
Everyone can be taught to sculpt: Michelangelo would have had to be
taught how ___not to. So it is with the great programmers.