scsi device symlinks

I've noticed a few different symlinked devices within the /dev diriectory using mc. One was for /dev/cdwriter. I am guessing this is a link that cdrecord might have created. Anyway, after rebooting my machine. I was able to mount a disc with /dev/cdrom1, which I manually changed to link to /dev/scd0 manually, with mc. I decided to leave /dev/cdrom2 alone within my fstab file. kudzu might make another symbolic link to /dev/cdrom3, if I tried to remove this fstab information. I'd say that this is a bug with either mount or kudzu.

After I reboot again (sounds a bit like M$ here) I will try to mount my /dev/cdwriter to see if this device works better than /dev/hdd or /dev/scd0 (dev/scd0 does allow for mounting the discs through the burner)

Jim

---------------

Created automatically! I imagine cdrecord scsi scanbus did this one. Not sure though.

[jim@scsi-kudzu jim]$ ls -l /dev/cdwriter
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 Feb 13 20:11 /dev/cdwriter -> /dev/sg0

This symlink was created by kudzu, on reboot. I took out kudzu from my parameters for /dev/scd0

[jim@scsi-kudzu jim]$ ls -l /dev/cdrom2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 Feb 24 13:41 /dev/cdrom2 -> /dev/hdd

---------
Well, if symlinks to devices is the "in thing. I just edited the symlink to reflect reference to /dev/scd0. Having two symlinks to /dev/hdd is a bit much anyway.

[jim@scsi-kudzu jim]$ ls -l /dev/cdrom1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Feb 24 13:39 /dev/cdrom1 -> /dev/scd0