Re: phoebe 3 irritants

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 11:58:59PM -0800, Graydon wrote:
> mutt has wonky colours; yellow seems to come out as bright white.
> Haven't tested exhaustively yet.
>
> spamassassin spawned a zombie process and generally wouldn't recover or
> start; spamassassin-2.44-8.8.x from rawhide at least starts ok, haven't
> had enough mail to form an opinion as to it working correctly.

Bug, please bugzilla.

> Did a custom install, booting to console; didn't get asked to create a
> user, nor for a host name, nor was the soundcard configured.  Is that
> expected behaviour?  (It's not problematic, from my pov, just asking.)

What soundcard?  Did you come up to runlevel 5 or runlevel 3?

> When I partitioned with disk druid and told it to flatten / and /usr and
> leave /home alone, it did that all right, but the initial fstab I had
> only mounted / and /usr, leaving me with an incipient heart attack
> because it looked like /home had been vaporized.  I'm not sure if that
> was me not setting a mount point for /dev/hda7 or if it's an actual
> installer foible.

Did you set the mountpoint during the installation/

> booting in console mode.)  Argh value is high.

What keymap?  us?

> Building exim-4.12, I discovered that:
> Now, it's quite possible that this is a problem with the way exim's
> tls.c makes the intial call; I'm not enough of a programmer to tell.
> But if it's not that, something is broken somewhere.

This is due to openssl interface changes introduced by new
functionality in openssl-0.9.7.  Some programs need changes in order
to use 0.9.7.

Cheers,

Matt
msw@redhat.com