phoebe 3 irritants

mutt has wonky colours; yellow seems to come out as bright white.
Haven't tested exhaustively yet.

spamassassin spawned a zombie process and generally wouldn't recover or
start; spamassassin-2.44-8.8.x from rawhide at least starts ok, haven't
had enough mail to form an opinion as to it working correctly.

Did a custom install, booting to console; didn't get asked to create a
user, nor for a host name, nor was the soundcard configured.  Is that
expected behaviour?  (It's not problematic, from my pov, just asking.)

When I partitioned with disk druid and told it to flatten / and /usr and
leave /home alone, it did that all right, but the initial fstab I had
only mounted / and /usr, leaving me with an incipient heart attack
because it looked like /home had been vaporized.  I'm not sure if that
was me not setting a mount point for /dev/hda7 or if it's an actual
installer foible.

booting in console mode.)  Argh value is high.

Building exim-4.12, I discovered that:

/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h (from openssl-devel) includes krb5.h

except that the system can't find it.

krb5.h is off in /usr/kerberos/include/; if I stick that as a full
absolute path name into kssl.h, I discover that the includes for
com_err.h and profile.h (including profile.h's include of com_err.h)
aren't being found either, despite being right there in
/usr/kerberos/include; putting full pathnames for them gets me a
successful compile.

Now, it's quite possible that this is a problem with the way exim's
tls.c makes the intial call; I'm not enough of a programmer to tell.
But if it's not that, something is broken somewhere.

Other than that, looks good.  This kernel definately runs FX21
motherboards with the VIA KM266 chipset.

--
oak@uniserve.com | Uton we hycgan    hwaer we ham agen,