X11 forward root over SSH

I have an install routine that brings up a GUI, the routine of course requires root access to do the work.

I can SSH in to a box using my credentials, su to root, but X11 is blocking transmission back to my computer because I am root.

X connection to localhost:11.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

Is there a way to get a root owned X window to pop up, WITHOUT having access to the Xauthority file associated with my userid that I used to initially login to the system?  (home directory is NFS mounted, no root access)

Thanks