Re: add a package F12

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 10:18 AM, blann <blann@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Dennis, my poor communication:I installed the F12 OS without a hitch. On using it, I could not find
what turns out is still the WVDIAL software on my other computer running FC6. I went thru a suggested
system-preferences- add or delete software (if I recall sequence correctly) on my F12 system, and got a box.
I entered wvdial in the 'find' line, and it brought up a description of wvdial software. Since there was no evidence
of it on my desktop, nor could I bring it up when using email software and vlicking on 'send', I clicked on the
install/remove option. I think it removed it, because thereafter if I typed 'wvdial' into the find box, it reported
nothing found. I'll pursue further a web-link provided by Ted P. which gives instructions on wvdial install.

As usual, the group has been very helpful, andI appreciate it. Sorry that I was unclear on install of OS.

Marshall

Ah, shucks. From The Man Who Once Was Master of uucico ! (Hi Rick!)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Calhoun" <dcalhoun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Getting started with Red Hat Linux'" <redhat-install-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 1:36 PM
Subject: RE: add a package F12

Rick,
How is he supposed to do that when the operating system is not yet
installed?

Blann,
Welcome to the completely illogical world of Linux. None of the naming
conventions have any USER PERTINENT common sense logic at all.

Dennis ---> left Linsux long ago and doesn't care if he gets removed
herefrom.

Ted Potter
tpotter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"the measure is effort."