- Subject: How to configure PXE for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor install
- From: Zha Hou Dun <zhahoudun@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 17:21:26 +0800
I have setup an PXE environment for network installation of RHEV. My pxe server is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5. I encountered some problems that needs your help, thanks in advance!
1. Currently I can install RHEV from the pxe server, but after the installation, it can not be accessed because I don't know the password for root, during the installation process, I have no chance to set the password, after I select PXE boot from BIOS, the installation start automatically. How can I set password for automatically install? I know that Kickstart config file can be this for Red Hat Linux, is there way for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor?
2. Before installed the Client, I changed the boot order of the Client to PXE -> Hard Disk in the BIOS, is there any way to automatically change or disable network booting after the RHEV Hypervisor is installed? Or is there some methods can be used on the pxe server side to fail the pxe boot of Client after RHEV is installed? I know that we can just remove the configuration file under /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg if we know the installation of OS has started, but I just don't know how to know if the installation of OS has started by some automatic methods.
3. After the installation of RHEV in my client machine, I found that I can not ssh to the client, do you know how to configure it as enabled on the pxe server side?
This is the configure file under /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/:
APPEND rootflags=loop initrd=initrd0.img root=/director_appliance-rhevhb-hypervisor-0.94.1.iso rootfstype=auto ro liveimg check crashkernel=128M@16M elevator=deadline processor.max_cstate=1 linux storage_init=/dev/sda firstboot storage_vol=50:1000:512:20:1000:40000 BOOTIF=eth0 ip=dhcp hostname=directorapp local_boot standalone ovirt_early=director_appliance vga=791 da_hostnet=1
ONERROR LOCALBOOT 0
I once tried add ks=nfs:184.108.40.206:/rhev/ks/ks.cfg to APPEND line, and enable nfs, in the ks.cfg, I set rootpw, but still did not set the client's password after the installation.
Did some one once do this before? Can you share your configuration file?
Redhat-install-list mailing list
To Unsubscribe Go To ABOVE URL or send a message to:
[Red Hat Kickstart]
[Red Hat General]
[Red Hat Development]