Re: Printer Stopped Working

can you ping the printer ?

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Micros50 <micros50@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I have a Hewlett Packard B209 printer connected via wireless ethernet to
my LAN. For the past several months everything was working fine. At
l;east 3 different computers running Fedora 11 and 12 had no problems
seeing the networked printer and printing to it.

Then all of a sudden everything went kaputz. I think it happened after a
recent routine upgrade via YUM. All of a sudden none of my computers can
access the printer. It seems to show up as a valid networked printer
but, I cannot get it to print. If I send a document to the printer I get
the following message.

"/usr/lib/cups/filter/hpcups failed"

I cannot even access any administrative functions top pause or restart
the printer, nor can I print a test page. I disabled my firewall and
SELinux but unto no avail. It just sits there dumb, like it's there but
not there. Up to a couple days ago it was working flawlessly.

I attached a copy of my cupsd.conf file. If any further diagnostics are
needed I can furnish those as well.

Any and all help appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Ciao

John

Ted Potter
tpotter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"fortuna est qua paratus opportunus per vicis"