- Subject: How can I upgrade kernel on a Redhat Linux machine
- From: "Chen, Douglas" <Douglas.Chen@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 13:15:10 -0700
- Thread-index: Aco2QToRxObogHRFRMSyMaBeBeHvtw==
- Thread-topic: How can I upgrade kernel on a Redhat Linux machine
I have installed a
CAD tool and it complains when launched that the kernel and glibc on this Redhat
Linux machine is too old and need to be upgraded. I need help to figure
out how to upgrade both of them.
This is the current
configuration: Redhat Enterprise Linux WS release 4 (Nahant)
I need to upgrade at
least to Kernel 2.6.9-42.EL and glibc 2.3.4
Please kindly let me
know where I can download the kernel and glibc and how I can upgrade them. Also,
will the kernel upgrade affect the software currently installed and running
without problem? Do I need to compile the new kernel?
Thank you very much
for your assistance in advance.
Redhat-install-list mailing list
To Unsubscribe Go To ABOVE URL or send a message to:
[Red Hat Kickstart]
[Red Hat General]
[Red Hat Development]