RE: creating LVM partitions

I create multiple LVs, such as:

/var
/var/adm
/tmp
/usr
/
/home

The first three is so that a user or log can't fill up /.
/usr so that you can't accidentally fill up / installing something.
/home so that a user can't accidentally fill up /; this is the most likely to need to grow as well.

/boot should never be an LVM because it will complicate matters getting access to it in the event your system won't boot.

Travis