RHEL PDC

Are there any Liux-newb-friendly guides for setting up a primary domain controller using RHEL of any version (or any RH-based distro - at this point I'll take what I can get), beginning from the install of the OS, and going all the way through to configuring Samba, LDAP, etc?  There are quite a few just for setting up Samba and such for a server with Linux already on it, but I was looking more for something that began at the beginning; which packages need to be selected for install and such.  (Hopefully nipping any dependency issues before they crop up...)

Any advice is greatly appreciated!  I've set up DC's on Windows and worked with Active Directory, but I'm having some trouble getting started on the Linux side.  (And if this isn't really the right place to ask this sort of question, please let me know...  I just found this list this morning...  Normally I lurk a while before asking questions...  :))

Ultimately, I'd really like to have two separate domains (one all Linux, the other all Windows), coexisting side-by-side (via VMware), both with domain controllers, mail servers, web servers, et. al.  :)  (Just for fun and learning...  Hey, I'm ambitious, what can I say...  lol)

Thanks in advance!
Kelly

---
Kelly Lupo