Re: Determine if x is running

Karl Pearson wrote:
On Wed, February 11, 2009 10:44 am, Rick Stevens wrote:
Karl Pearson wrote:
On Tue, February 10, 2009 11:30 am, Rick Stevens wrote:
Karl Pearson wrote:
On Mon, February 9, 2009 3:25 pm, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
<<< Stuff deleted >>>
I suspect I've confused more than helped, but ask away and someone
smarter than me will respond.
The shell snippet I provided
HA! I knew you thought you were smarter than me! I knew you were too,
by
the way... :)
Not really, just been doing this stuff for over 30 years.  SOMETHING'S
gotta rub off!

I'm really hoping it will begin to rub off on me... I've been doing
this, though not as intensely as you, for about 23 years.

It helps if you're abrasive and "prickly", like me.  You find you also
have to remove lots of lint and other things that stick to you. :-)