Re: Fedora 9 -aarrrgggghh

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, Bret Stern wrote:

After installing Fedora 9, I'm feeling like it's
turning into the "Windows babysitting" model.

I have been using Fedora 6 for really solid ftp and
web services, and really don't like all the changes.

Fedora 6 was so solid; it gets pretty boring just watching
the servers run ..year..after..year...

How 'bout a pep talk on Fedora 9....or I just
downloaded FreeBSD, and feel this could be more
comfortable for this old timer.

I install Fedora 8 because it feels comfortable like FC6 did.

That might be a solution you can live with.

Karl

It's a good day.

Bret Stern

Karl L. Pearson
karlp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of
 the people who are evil, but because of the people who
 don't do anything about it.
 - Albert Einstein
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---