Re: Rick Stevens old email script for adding random quotes

On 09Aug2008 13:50, Jeff Kinz <jkinz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
| Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Rick Steven's old email script
| for adding random quotes as a sig to an email?

No, but if you have no luck you can use my script:

  http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/sig
  http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/picksig

The first calls the second, which picks the random quote.

My muttrc says:

  set signature="sig|sed 1d|"

Configuration for your mailer is an exercise for you.

On reinspection, picksig may be over complicated, and could do with a
recode. Though it does let me pick signatures with a little keyword
control when I want it.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

First off, using it would be a politically correct action, and PC is a
philosophy that myself and several others of the Peevetown population have
vowed to destroy in our lifetime.
        - Vinnie Jordan <vinniej@xxxxxxx>