Re: kudzu patch to not use PCI_FILL_CLASS

Matthew Wilcox (matthew@xxxxxx) said:
> PCI_FILL_CLASS is a RH specific patch to pciutils that upstream isn't
> interested in.  This patch removes uses of that feature from kudzu which
> allows current CVS to compile on a system without RH patches to pciutils.
>
> By the way, the main kudzu page at http://rhlinux.redhat.com/kudzu/
> has two broken links on it; the "rawhide" link and the "cvsweb" link.

The reason we do this is because the class, vendor, and device ID fields in
sysfs are correct with respect to applied PCI quirks. The config data (at
least at the point we added the patch) is not. (Hooray for PPC.)

Aside from that... what are you using kudzu for? You shouldn't. (it basically
is sticking around in RH/Fedora until the installer can be ported away
from it.)

Bill