Kernel Patch Functions

Hello.

Please forgive me if you are receiving this for the second time. I sent
this message before, but I never saw it appear on the list, so I assume
it was lost in transit.

I'm doing a research project on the differences between a few Linux
distributions. One of the focuses of my research is the kernel and how
each distribution modifies it. I've searched online and all over Red
Hat's site for the information I'm looking for, but to no avail. Is
there a place where the effect of each of the patches in the kernel SRPM
is detailed? I've seen the Changelog, but I'm looking for the effects of
the patches individually, not for a large list of small changes to the
whole package. I'm looking for information on 2.4.20-9.2 and 2.4.20-8,
specifically.

Please forgive me if this isn't the place to post a question like this.
The documentation on each of the lists is fairly sparse, and I know
every community has a different philosophy on where things are done.

Yours,

John Robinson

--

Love justice; desire mercy.