Re: please help me make reiser4 work with grsecurity

On 11/09/2011 03:53 PM, Piotr Sawuk wrote:
of course reiser4 wont be able to provide the root fs. there simply is no
xattr support in reiser4. however, reiser4 doesn't even compile with
grsecurity.

of course, as with most filesystems which aren't part of the kernel, I
got a .rej while applying reiser4 patch on grsecurity-patched
linux-2.6.32.46,
but that was quickly resolved, so I thought. the problem was
include/linux/fs.h,
the "struct super_operations" which got modified immensely by
grsecurity. so I
add the 2 functions writeback_inodes and sync_inodes inserted there by
reiser4.
during compilation another problem got apparent: PF_FLUSHER isn't
defined in
include/linux/sched.h, just like in "newer" kernels.

Mainline folks got rid of this flag, since nobody uses it.
Feel free to get it back.

the problem I couldn't solve, as I hint above, has to do with
super_operations.
on my HLFS system I did do a 'make CC="gcc -fno-PIE -no-fatal-warnings"'
and got

init_super.c: in function 'reiser4_init_super_data':
init_super.c:399:2: error: assignment of read-only member 'ops'
init_super.c:400:2: error: assignment of read-only member 'ops'
init_super.c:401:2: error: assignment of read-only member 'ops'

and I have no idea how to solve this. I don't know c,
I only know c++ and assembler, so I really am without
a clue how const-assignment of objects gets handled in c.
super_operations and others must get assigned to members of ops.
but how? seems grsecurity changed the way how this is supposed to happen.
please fetch linux-2.6.32.46 apply the stable patch on
http://grsecurity.net
and then reiser4 for 2.6.32, and explain how grsecurity affected reiser4.

I'll try to take a look at weekends.
If this takes a lot of time, then excuse me..

Thanks,
Edward.

ext2 seems to initialize this struct into static variables, and compiles
well.
(is that even thread-save?) does it make sense to copy that behaviour?
I fear I'd break something in reiser4 if I'd do away with ops...

btw, as grsecurity made changes on fs-code maybe reiser4 should get
changed too?