Configuring RHEL servers to authenticate with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory

Hello all.

I'd like to set my RHEL 4 and 5 servers up to authenticate with our Windows
server 2008 Active Directory. Using "authconfig --update --enableldap
--enableldapauth --ldapserver=ldap.example.com --ldapbasedn=dn=example,dn=com"
and adding "binddn" and "bindpw" to the /etc/ldap.conf file, it looks like
the linux box is connecting correctly to the AD server. But running "getent
passwd <some-linux-user-defined-on-AD>" doesn't return any result.

I'm suspecting that maybe it's my nss_ldap attribute mappings that are not
correct. I have no attribute mapping defined, since I would think that there
would be some default mappings that would work. Are there any default
mapping, and in case what are they? Or maybe "authconfig" set up these
mappings automatically? Any advice is appreciated.

Best regards,
Kenneth Holter