Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 6:08 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: packages & repos

Thanks for the great info.

one more question;

I'm currently running Fedora 14 because there are several packages I
really need however I do have an active RH subscription. Here's what I'd
like to do:

1) install RHEL 6 on my laptop ('cause it's stable and it's RH)

2) install the fedora "updates" and the rpmfusion-free repo's so I can
install a few key packages such as:
kmymoney
darktable
digiKam
k3b-extras-freeworld

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance...

Hi Kevin,

Run something like:
yum info <your package name>, e.g.

yum info reposync

There will be a column called "From repo" indicating repo from which RPM was installed. Please notice that if the RPM(s) were installed during OS installation you will most likely see repo name called something like anaconda-..... RPMs installed after OS installation report "From repo" exactly the same as "yum repolist" displays.

Kind regards,
Greg Wojcieszczuk

-----Original Message----- From: Kevin Kempter