Re: Stacked array data recovery

On Die, 2012-06-26 at 15:23 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> Regardless, unless the dd commands hung in some way, they should not
> show up in top right now.  So it's probably safe to assume they completed.
>
> So at this point you can try creating the RAID5 array again.  If the dd
> command did what we wanted, /dev/sdk should have remapped the bad
> sector, and you shouldn't get the error kicking that drive.  If you
> still do, you may need to replace the drive.

I have successfully run dd for all the four drives.

But because I couldn't create the raid I ran smartctl again for all of
them. It seems that sdk has to be replaced. Here are the outputs:

sdj:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=V60FJ4wC

sdk:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=cgfq3202
There are some pre-fail and one FAILING_NOW messages.

sdl:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=tipjbpxu

sdm:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=sZnrCJ5Q

Is this the right moment to bring sdk back to my dealer?

Best regards
Ramon