- To: linux RAID <linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: mdadm-3.2.5 coming soon :-(
- From: NeilBrown <neilb@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 21:50:20 +1000
- Cc: Jes Sorensen <Jes.Sorensen@xxxxxxxxxx>, Doug Ledford <dledford@xxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Tokarev <mjt@xxxxxxxxxx>, Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@xxxxxxxxx>, "Dorau, Lukasz" <lukasz.dorau@xxxxxxxxx>, "Czarnowska, Anna" <anna.czarnowska@xxxxxxxxx>, Przemyslaw Czarnowski <przemyslaw.hawrylewicz.czarnowski@xxxxxxxxx>, Clint Byrum <clint@xxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
It turns out that there is a nasty regression in 3.2.4.
--add is even more broken than it was before. My testing
doesn't test new mdadm against arrays created with old mdadm, and
so missed it. I should probably find a way to improve on that.
So 3.2.4 isn't really a good idea so I'll be releasing 3.2.5 on Friday.
I currently have 5 patches since 3.2.4. So it'll be a small but
(hopefully) safe update.
If anyone knows of any other issues that have cropped up wit 3.2.4, please
let me know.
Description: PGP signature
[Linux SCSI Target Infrastructure]
[Managing RAID on Linux]