Re: wish for Linux MD mirrored raid types

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 12:34:36PM -0300, Roberto Spadim wrote:
> hum, i asked this question one time, the point is:
> raid1 code is very easy
> raid10 code is more complex
>
> easy = faster, less memory, less cpu
> complex = faster?, more memory? more cpu?

I think more complex -> more intelligent, more features.

I think it is actually amazing what raid10 can do.
Is raid 1 in other systems really limited to say 2 disks
- mirrored? Then linux raid10 is much more intelligent.

> check others raid system (freebsd, netbsd) and check how they do...

Yes, and also HW raid. If Linux made raid10,far the default for RAID1,
then I think Linux would compare very well with other operating systems
and HW raid.

Best regards
keld

----