Re: sony-laptop driver: Volume keys on Sony Vaio TX3 don't work

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 06:38:01 +0900, Mattia Dongili said:
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 02:20:18PM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
> > Do we know if this is applicable to all Sony laptops, or only a few busticated
> > models?
>
> I believe the latter is the case, the old A series also had this
> problem. Of course applying the patch will break other models (SZ is one
> I'm sure about) so there is no actual winner here unless we figure out
> how to properly decode keys on sonypi models (this problem is
> specifically related to two phase hotkey decoding, see the irq handler).

And let me guess - two phase hotkey decoding is sufficiently weird that
nobody wants to actually fix *that* code, right? (Rhetorical question, I
already know the answer to that one).

If that's not an option, perhaps we need a per-model quirk that patches up the
tables at boot time?  If we do that, we may want to re-arrange the table so the
affected entries are at the front or something to help insure we don't patch
the wrong entries if somebody else inserts new lines.